Friday, June 7, 2013

welcome gwen!

Our sweet little Gwen arrived two days late via c-section. I'll be honest I was a little worried I wouldn't love her as much as Alta and Jayden, but it was so easy. She is the sweetest little thing ever. Before we got to the hospital we had her name narrowed down between two and finally decided once we saw her. If we ever have another girl we will use the other name. She breast feeds like a champ which makes my life so much easier. I can't believe I pumped with the twins. 

The c-section was very similar to my last one. If I keep the same Dr. I will always have my babies around 8:00 on Thursday. I was really sick the first day. I can barely remember people visiting I was so out of it. Luckily though I felt pretty much back to normal after a week. The one thing I forgot about the twins was how itchy I was after the surgery. Sometimes it was so bad it would keep me up at night. 

While I was pregnant everyone told me one is going to seem like a breeze. I didn't really think so because I was still going to have two toddlers running around, but only having one newborn is so much easier then two. The fact that I am able to breast feed too makes a huge difference. Life with three littles definitely has it challenges, but it isn't nearly as exhausting as I thought it would be. 

Alta and Jayden are the cutest big brother and sister. They always bring her binkies and blankies when she is crying. They love to give her kisses and hugs. It is so cute watching them. I'm so excited to watch them all grow up together.  I love being a family of five! 

4 comments:

Marissa said...

So sweet! I just teared up like a huge dork! Love that sweet baby girl :)

Lindsey said...

what perfect pictures, she is such a doll!!! can't believe you have THREE kiddos! theyre so darn cute and you are such a good mama! congrats!

kelsiec said...

She is so beautiful! One day I want to hold her when she isn't sleeping peacefully in her carseat haha.

Ben and Becky said...

Congrats Kayla. She is beautiful.