So here goes!
First, the rules:
1. Answer 11 questions
2. Nominate 11 bloggers for this distinguished award
1. Who/What inspires you? So many people I don't even know where I would start. One person that comes to mind is Marjorie Hinckley. I read Gordon B. Hinckley's biography a long time ago and remember thinking I wanted to emulate her, the way she raised her children and supported her husband.
2. What is something you can't live without? Besides my family of course I would have to say my iphone. It has everything on it. Emergency apps for when my kids are screaming at my feet while I'm nursing Gwen. White noise to help Gwen sleep. The beloved calendar app that has all our doctor appointments and reminders for peoples birthdays. My contacts, sadly I don't even know my husbands phone number. And of course instagram which even though I own an awesome camera I find myself taking more pictures with my phone because it is so much more convenient when you already have three kids to cart around.
3. What is something you have to do everyday but wish you didn't? Get out of bed before 8 am. I'm in love with sleeping and my bed. But no matter how late I put my little munchkins to bed they always wake up at 7am. I think I can recall them sleeping in until 8am twice and I thought they might not be alive when I went in there to get them. Also I don't have to do this everyday, but when I do I hate it... putting on makeup and blow drying my hair. Men have it so easy.
4. Best piece of advice you ever received? When the twins were first born I went into renew my temple recommend. Although I never mentioned a thing about the struggles I was going through at the time the presidency member I was talking to knew exactly what I needed to hear. He told me to remember that this point in my life was a phase and that although I might feel like I'm not doing all the things I normally am capable and asked to do that is was ok. But that I needed to focus on raising my children and nourishing their minds and the time would come where I would have more time to do all those others things. I needed to be proud of the things I was accomplishing. Sometimes that is what gets me through the day. That this point in my life is just a phase. I love my life and I try and enjoy each moment cause I know I'm going to miss these days, but sometimes the fact that it won't always be this hard to go grocery shopping in the middle of the day or that I haven't been to the temple in forever or that fact that I can't do a lot of things other people can because I have three little munchkins makes it easier to endure.
5. Best piece of advice you've ever given? It would have to be the same as the best piece of advice I've ever received. To add I would have to say BabyWise. People ask me how Gwen is sleeping and I say great I wake her up yadda yadda yadda. And they always say NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY! oh but if you read baby wise it makes complete sense. It doesn't work for every baby, but it has worked for three out of three of mine so its worth a try. I already get a seven hour stretch every night. ( k I wrote this a couple days ago and the past two nights Gwen has woken up every four hours. I still believe it works though).
6. What is your most prized possession? My computer with all my pictures on it. I love looking back at old pictures, brings back so many great memories.
7. What are you most pleased about in your life right now? My family. This is what I have always dreamed about. Having a big family, being able to make a house a home, and being active in the gospel.
8. Best book you've ever read? Recently.. She walks in Beauty. I couldn't put it down, which is rare for me.
9. What color is your personality based on this free test? Blue. Motivated by intimacy. Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical, but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, moody, overly sensitive, and perfectionists. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees.
10. What is one thing you love about yourself? I'm very organized. I could tell you where everything I own is located and/or where it is suppose to be located, that includes the boxes in our basement. I always thought it would be fun to be on one of those shows where they go organize peoples houses and throw stuff away.
11. What age/year would you love to relive/hate to relive? I would love to relive the year my family lived in Costa Rica. We had so much fun! We were home schooled which meant reading books in a hammock outside and writing papers while overlooking the ocean. We got to go the beach everyday, we saw a big leatherback turtle lay her eggs in the sand....it was just one big adventure. I would hate to relive middle school.
To the following lovely ladies, I award the prestigious liebster award! Now you have to answer these same 11 questions on your blog. Ready, set, go!
1. Becky Rust
2. Amy Blackham
3. Jolee Heitman
4. Gina Conover
5. Kelsey Conover
6. Mallory Withers
7. Angela Hoach
8. Meghan Posner
10. Lisa Nelson
11. Annie Hadlock