Saturday, May 28, 2011

cloth or disposable?

So we are debating whether we want to use cloth diapers or disposable.  What do you think? What is your experience with it? If we decided to get them what type should we get?
 Looking around at the different types I have really only seen the bum genius and the gdiapers. I am in love with the gdiapers I think they are so cute, but I have heard the Velcro doesn't last as long. What is your experience? I love the gdiapers because you don't have to wash the entire diaper every single time and just look how cute they are....




I have an aunt and a friend that use the bum genius diapers and they seem to love them. The one major thing I don't like about these is they are super bulky, and I like the colors of the gdiapers more. I'm not sure if the gdiapers are bulky are they? 
Let me know your thoughts please!! 


6 comments:

Mallory said...

My friend cara did a little blog post about it here http://jc-jones.blogspot.com/2011/03/crazy-me.html

I have lots of friends that do it.

Unknown said...

I have a friend that loves the cloth diapers, but me personally I like just being able to throw it away. Maybe somewhere in the middle, use disposable at first since they poop/pee like 8-10 times a day(EACH) and then as they get older switch to th cloth when it's not going to be so chaotic. I would definitely keep some disposable on hand either way though just in case. :) Good luck!

{Kim} said...

I'm going with disposable especially with twins. I've heard its a lot more work and those who have started with cloth have gone to disposable.

mallory said...

My sister-in-law used to use disposable and switched to cloth. She loves them and says she would never go back. She has about 20 diapers and washes them every other day. She says they are WAY cheaper in the long run and that rinsing them out is not that big of a deal. She does use disposables for traveling though...and it might be harder with twins. Either way good luck!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I watched a tutorial about them once and it showed how you take care of the messy liner and it was WAY too much handeling the messy stuff for me! I was thinking maybe I'd give them a shot when I have a baby but after seeing that... No thanks! I'd much rather wrap up the yuck and throw it away! If it wasn't for that I'd think they were a swell option!