Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our Garden

This past weekend my good friend Shannon has been helping me start a garden giving me all the tips and helping me make my potter box. I love it! Since we don't have a yard it was little difficult but we managed, and our porch is getting some good use. We are growing...
I am so excited. It reminds me of when we lived in Alaska and my mom would garden all the time, I miss those days. Since this is my first garden I'm not getting my hopes up on them surviving. The other day I came home and they had wilted a little and I almost shed a tear. If anyone has any tips on how to keep my garden healthy and strong please let me know, I love advice.
If you are new at this like me, here is what we did. We got compost or aged manure to be exact :). Shannon found some free compost on Craigs list and we got so excited.Greg was like "really you found FREE poop" haha. Lets be honest some people pay for that sutff. After we filled it mostly with compost then I put potting soil on the top. Planted them and I water them about everyday.

No comments: