Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hachi

Yesterday Greg came home with a surprise.....

A few years ago I saw my first Akita and totally fell in love they are adorable and everyone says so many good things about them, I have wanted one ever since. When I went to BYU my bishop told me the story of Hachiko and I fell even more in love. It is a story of a loyal dog who waits everyday at the train station for his owner to come home. The owner dies at work one day but the dog continues to return to the train station everyday until the day of his death nine years later . It is such a touching story and I'm so glad they made a movie out of it, talk about a total tear jerker though. I was bawling, I think Greg was too :) We can't wait to get one of our own.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I read this post and you made the movie sound so good so I red boxed it and Ryan and I watched it. I was crying my eyes out for like the last 15 minutes of the show and I continued to cry for about 5 minutes after. Ryan cried too dont tell him I told you.. but it was soooo stinkin good! Even better cuz I have a dog of my own.. although I'm sure Tank would never wait for me like that... It was great thanks for posting so I could hear about it and watch it!